JCT Contract Training
DON’T GET LOST IN THE CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS MAZE
JCT contracts are geared towards helping businesses avoid conflicts and providing them with protection if disputes do arise when they execute a building project. Introduced by the Joint Contracts Tribunal, these documents outline who is responsible for specific tasks. JCT contracts help eliminate potential disagreements and legal disputes between businesses, subcontractors and construction companies, thereby enabling all the parties involved to save time and money.
Are you about to enter into a JCT contract or other form of subcontract with construction companies?
If so, our online JCT contract training videos can guide you through the processes and advise you on the common pitfalls.
How Can BEB Help?
At BEB Contract and Legal Services, we are committed to empowering our clients and providing them with the knowledge and information they need to help ensure the success of their building projects.
We have worked within contract management in construction for over 20 years and this has enabled us to acquire the expertise to develop a high-quality training course that is convenient, efficient, relevant and packed to the brim with extremely practical and useful industry information. In addition, the people behind our online training courses also possess the necessary qualifications and experience to provide you with the information you need to protect your business:
We are qualified legal executives
We have over 20 years of relevant experience
Our approach is personal and practical
Our fees are affordable
BEB’s JCT Training
Although JCTs are a standard form of contract, they will not protect you as a subcontractor. This is why it is advisable to take a JCT contract training course to increase your knowledge of this crucial aspect of your industry. By developing a thorough understanding of the subject, you will find it easier to build a reliable safeguarding mechanism for your business.
Our online course highlights the problems you may encounter when subcontracting under the many JCT forms of construction contracts. We cover the cost of getting it wrong and, most importantly, the measures you can take to prevent potential problems and disagreements with your clients. Because our team are dedicated to ensuring your success, the course will go through every little detail involved in drawing up a JCT contract. Our training videos will cover:
- How to ensure you will get paid for materials off-site
- The use of indemnities or vesting agreements
- Getting paid for variations and daywork
- Compliance with monthly valuations
- Payment and retention
- How to protect yourself against indirect liabilities
- Damages for delay or LADs
- How to clarify your liability for liquidated and ascertained damages
- Claiming for downtime and aborted visits
- Time extensions and suspensions of work
- The passing of the title, risk, protection and insurance responsibilities before and after handover
- The application of defects liability periods
- Standstill maintenance
- Collateral warranties
- How to develop and incorporate your own terms and conditions and contractual documentation
- Identify and understand the advantages of having a JCT contract and how it will aid your building project
- Familiarise yourself with the risks of not having a contract and what you can do to mitigate them
- Successfully determine what you should include in the contract to ensure that the concerns of all parties are addressed
- Predict and prevent any conflicts that may arise during the course of your construction project
- Accurately identify and set the responsibilities of all parties
- Draft the contract and ensure that the responsibilities outlined in the document are clear, concise and not open to interpretation
Study at the Comfort of Your Home
All our JCT contract training courses are available online in video format so you can study and learn wherever and whenever you want. You can either purchase the entire course or just the modules you deem most relevant. All in all, the full online course can be taken in just two hours. You also have the option to complete the modules one by one. If you need more time to absorb the material, you can revisit the course and watch the training videos as many times as you wish within a two-week period. This gives you plenty of time to learn everything you need to protect yourself and your business.
Click here to buy and view our training videos now.
A Thorough Understanding of JCT Contracts will Protect Your Business
If you don’t have a JCT contract, or it is poorly worded and open to interpretation, this can have an adverse effect on your company. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you improve your knowledge and understanding of these vital documents. This will provide you with protection whenever your business is entering into a JCT or similar type of subcontract with another business or construction company.
At BEB, we aim to provide our clients with the best online JCT training courses available so they can meet their business goals and prevent disputes arising. With more than 20 years’ experience in contract management in the construction industry, we are confident in our ability to equip you with the knowledge you require. Accordingly, you can rely on BEB to ensure that your JCT training is an exciting and fulfilling learning experience.